Bowe Bergdahl is still free as the wind despite deserting his comrades in Afghanistan and causing injuries and deaths to those sent to look for him. The Bergdahl Five will soon be joining him in freedom. Many people don’t realize that their detainment in Qatar was only for one year, but Obama was well aware of it. So as of Monday, they can return to the battlefield and are free to kill as many Americans as they want to. They have Barack Obama to thank for that. Obama is no stranger aiding and abetting murder. Just ask the Benghazi Four or the three hundred or so Mexicans butchered by Obama and Holder supplied weapons. And don’t forget the dozens of Americans who have been murdered by illegal aliens that Obama released from custody when he decided to let them stay.
The Bergdahl Five aren’t just ordinary Taliban fighters. No, two of them have been responsible for the killing of thousands of Muslims, who were not considered radical enough. Maybe we need to review who this five is and what they’ve accomplished:
- Mohammad Fazl – Fazl served as Chief of Staff of the Taliban Army. He was associated with terrorist groups opposing US and Coalition forces. According to documents from the Joint Task Force Guantánamo, Fazl is “wanted by the UN for possible War crimes including the murder of thousands of Shiites”. The document stated Fazl has become a recruiting symbol for the Taliban.
- Khairullah Khairkhwa – Khairkhwa was the interior minister under the Taliban. He helped found the Taliban in 1994. He was directly associated with Osama Bin Laden and Taliban Supreme Commander Mullah Muhammad Omar. Likely involved with militant training, he was also “a narcotics trafficker and probably used his position and influences to become one of the major opium drug lords in Western Afghanistan”, and probably used profits from drugs to promote Taliban interests.
- Norullah Noori – Noori served as the governor of Balkh and Laghman provinces in the Taliban regime. He was a senior Taliban military commander in Mazar-e-Sharif. Noori is “wanted by the United Nations for possible war crimes including the murder of thousands of Shiite Muslims” along with Fazl. According to Barnett Rubin, they were “responsible for ethno-sectarian massacres in northern Afghanistan” along with their enemies.
- Mohammed Nabi Omari – Nabi was the Taliban’s chief of communications. Nabi had “operational ties to Anti-Coalition Militia (ACM) groups including al-Qaida, the Taliban, the Haqqani Network, and the Hezb-e-Islami Gulbuddin”. He also “maintained weapons caches and facilitated the smuggling of fighters and weapons”.
- Abdul Haq Wasiq – Wasiq was deputy chief of the Taliban regime’s intelligence service. Wasiq had direct access to Taliban and Hezb-e-Islarni Gulbuddin leaders, and was “central to the Taliban’s efforts to form alliances with other Islamic fundamentalist groups to fight alongside the Taliban against US and Coalition forces after the 11 September 2001 attacks”.
Why did Obama make such a one sided trade? Ignorance? Being loyal to his Muslim beliefs? Desperate to appear relevant? Maybe it’s a combination of all of the above. But, I assure you, we have not heard the last of these five murderers. One thing I can promise you, no matter how many more people they slaughter, Obama will continue to insist he did the right thing and that the low information voters will agree with him.